If you have a passion for discussing and learning about films, we invite you to join the Atlantic City Free Public Library Film Society. Membership is free and open to current Library cardholders in good standing, who are 18 years of age and older. Monthly screenings and discussions will be held on Saturday afternoons, and monthly tutorial classes on filmmaking and film history will be held on Monday evenings.
Since films of all genres and ratings will be shown, the Film Society is open to adults only and member discretion is advised. Each film's rating and running time will be posted prior to the screening on the Library website, flyers and other advertising. Snacks will be provided at screenings, and learning materials will be provided at tutorials. Information about the Film Society and each meeting will be provided on the Library's Official Website on the Film Society page.
- Membership in the Film Society is encouraged. To attend a meeting, you must be signed up prior to that day.
- Only current Film Society members can reserve seating to all meetings including special events.
- Attendees should arrive promptly for meetings.
- Use of cameras and video/audio recording devices is strictly prohibited.
- All cell phones and pagers must be turned off during meetings.
- Attendees are expected to be respectful of others during meetings.
- Due to limited seating, advanced registration is required for all meetings in which there is a special guest.
- Autographs and other requests for special guests will not be honored unless the guest has given permission prior to the meeting.
- All program topics and screenings are subject to change without prior notice.
- Attendees are expected to comply with all rules and guidelines of the Film Society and the policies of the Atlantic City Free Public Library.
If you would like to become a member of the Film Society, you may fill out the electronic membership form below or come into the Main Library and register there.